MERITA PLATFORM IS NOW ONLINE
The new European international project MERITA comes to life and, starting from July 28th 2023, the official website of MERITA - where chamber Music, cultural hERItage and TAlent meet is available online. Its main objective is to increase the visibility and mobility of emerging professional European string quartets, thus representing an important step forward for the European music industry.
The digital platform isthe heart of all MERITA activities, becoming a reference area and promotional showcase for artists, presentation of cultural sites and historical houses, mapping of professionals in the sector, dissemination of training materials and content for the public, networking between cultural organizations across Europe.
MERITA responds to the new needs of the music industry by increasing access to and participation in cultural activities outside major cities, promoting European cultural heritage and strengthening the connections between local and international cultures, bringing new audiences closer to classical music in venues of high artistic interest.
The consortium is represented by Le Dimore del Quartetto, based in Italy, as lead and coordinator of 17 organizations from 12 European countries:
- Comitato AMUR, Milan (Italy)
- European Historic Houses, Bruxelles (Belgium)
- EuAbout Lab ASBL, Bruxelles (Belgium)
- ProQuartet – Centre européen de musique de chambre, Paris (France)
- B & M Theocharakis Foundation, Athens (Greece)
- Stichting Strijkkwartet Biënnale Amsterdam, Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Europa Nostra, The Hague (Netherlands)
- Traces&Dreams AB, Stockholm (Sweden)
- Lofoten Internasjonale Kammermusikkfest, Oslo (Norway)
- University of Arts of Tirana (Albania)
- Qendra EVENT, Tirana (Albania)
- Julian Cochran Foundation, Warsaw (Poland)
- Beogradska Umetnička Nova Teritorija (Belgrade Artistic New Territory), Belgrado (Serbia)
- Kolarac – Zadužbina Ilije M. Kolarca, Belgrade (Serbia)
- Cadenza Arts Management Ltd., Budapest (Hungary)
- Experimenta – Associação para a Promoção do Design e Cultura de Projecto, Lisbon (Portugal)
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or European Education and Culture Executive Agency. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.